Morris & Watson can refine your sweeps using state of the art refining techniques.
We charge a nominal assay fee based on the number of metals analysed, along with a refining charge based on received weight.
We guarantee to process your sweep in the most efficient manner and give you the best possible return on your sweep shipment, providing prompt payment or return of metals in bullion or fabricated forms.
Depending on their origin, sources of sweeps can be summarised as follows:
- Jewellery sweeps: vacuuming or sweeping waste from production areas where precious metal is present
- Polishing dust: dust created from polishing which is normally collected in polishing and dust extraction units
- Hand wash: Hand wash waste which is normally collected in water traps installed prior to the exit drain
- Manufacturing and cleaning waste: Clean-up items such as sand paper, polishing materials, mops and rags
- Workshop flooring: carpets, lino, floor boards and rugs
- Random waste: pretty much any type of waste which contains precious metals.
Processing time for standard sweep jobs is approximately 10 working days from receipt.
Learn more with our Precious Metal Refining Tips